Ductwork plays a pivotal role in the comfort level, energy costs and indoor air quality of your Pinellas County home. It can also impact the effectiveness of your HVAC system. All of our Technicians are Duke Energy Certified to perform a blower door test on your duct systems. In Florida, all new residential construction will need to pass a mandatory blower door test before certificate of occupancy will be issued.
What Makes Duct work So Important?
Ducts make up the system by which heated and cooled air is distributed throughout your home. When ducts work properly, your home should feel evenly cooled and heated. However, if they lack proper maintenance, ducts can cause a multitude of problems:
- Poor Energy Efficiency: Without regular cleaning, ductwork can develop a thick coating of dust and dirt. That gunk can obstruct airflow and make your HVAC overwork. Energy bills go up and indoor comfort goes down.
- Loss of Heated and Cooled Air: Ducts can develop cracks and holes, especially at the joints. These breaches allow up to 30 percent of treated air to escape. Your HVAC system must then generate additional air to make up for the losses.
- Contamination: Microbes, allergens and pests can invade your ductwork. These pollutants can reduce the quality of your indoor air. Poor indoor air quality can cause unexplained symptoms like nausea, fatigue, dizziness and headaches.
How Do I Know If I Need Duct Work Services?
Ducts should be inspected for dirt and leaks every two to seven years. Here are some signs that your ducts may need cleaning, sealing or both:
- You have to change your filters every few weeks.
- You're getting allergic reactions or flu-like symptoms that clear up when you go outside.
- You've seen evidence of insects or rodents when you clean behind your vents.
- Airflow is poor or inconsistent from room to room.
Experienced Largo Duct Work Specialists
At Arctic Air Systems, we believe that duct work services are an essential part of HVAC maintenance. Our duct cleaning services remove contaminants, allergens, dust and dirt from your ducts using powerful vacuums, blowers and brushes.
Having your ducts cleaned can make your home cleaner. Duct cleaning removes the dust that collects in your ducts and blows out into your living space whenever your HVAC cycles on. Duct cleaning can also rid indoor air of unpleasant and musty odors while sealing ductwork leaks can significantly reduce your energy bills.
Arctic Air Systems is a Trane Comfort Specialist. We've earned that coveted distinction by maintaining consistently high levels of indoor comfort for our customers. We've been keeping ductwork clean and in good condition since 1989.